Week 18th October 2021
**Download/Print Event Guide here**
- Backstage Theatre presents A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings, brought to the stage for children and adults to share. Performances 23rd October - 2pm & 4pm, tickets only €5. For bookings please go to www.backstage.ie.
- Johnny Brady live at Creegan's Bunlahy on Sunday, 24th Oct. Tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis @ €20 per ticket. Tickets will be available in Creegans Bar, ROR Tractor Parts, & Paul Belton office. For more information contact Paul on 087 6916822. Don't miss out, it promises to be a fantastic night's entertainment.
The Fabulously True & Timeless Tales of Sergeant Virgil at Connolly Barracks, Longford Town located beside Omniplex Cinema, Bridge Street. An outdoor promenade performance of approximately 60 minutes, 22nd - 24th October. The performance route (wheel chair accessible) requires walking and standing for approximately 1.2 km distance. Dress appropriately for temperature and outdoors. In Partnership with Longford Co Council, funded by the Arts Council Faoin Speir Programme.
The Sean Connolly Barracks finally closed in 2009 but for one weekend it will open up for the public and share some of its stories led by the indomitable Sergeant Virgil who takes us through the barracks to the river via the church yard. For bookings go to backstage/virgil
- Breads & Autumn Preserves Workshop at Fiona Egan Cloughan Farm & Cookery School, Saturday 23rd October 10am-2pm, booking essential, go to www.fionaegan.com.
- Buggy Walks - 6 week walking group open to all parents, grandparents, childminders etc in the care of babies/toddlers looking to join a social group. This programme is open to all parents, grandparents, childminders etc in the care of babies/toddlers. This programme will take place for 6 weeks at the following locations throughout Longford at 11am-12pm. Tuesday's - Longford Town, Wednesday's - Ballymahon, Thursday's - Granard. See eventbrite.ie/e/buggy-walks for more information.
- Parkrun - Free weekly timed 5K runs held every Saturday at 9:30am in The Mall, Longford. You can run walk or jog as you please. Also Junior Parkrun - every Sunday morning at 9.30am in The Mall. A series of timed 2k runs for children aged 4-14. For more info see parkrun.ie/longford
- Farmer's Market, every Friday, 9am-2pm - Market Square, Longford.
- Butter Market – every Saturday, 11.30am-1.30pm, Market Street, Granard.